A quick question about Instagram

Highest

29 Jan 2019
Been toying around with Instagram and its requests and I found out that you can log in only having the sessionid and the ds_user_id.
I was wondering how is the sessionid created?

Highest

29 Jan 2019
don't think it's possible
Ah, I see. Gonna keep searching for a way though.

Read that when I was searching and it's not the same thing I'm looking for. I am looking to generate the sessionid using the ID + PW while that guy is looking to get the sessionid using the login form.

24 Sep 2015
ok so i made some research work for you in the last 30 minutes to find something else, but its mainly that thing i posted to you or people trying only to find the session id so i guess atm epr1me epr1me is right.

have a nice day :smile:

Highest

29 Jan 2019
ok so i made some research work for you in the last 30 minutes to find something else, but its mainly that thing i posted to you or people trying only to find the session id so i guess atm epr1me epr1me is right.

have a nice day :smile:
Yea, searched on google and duckduckgo too + asked around but nobody seems to know either.
Gonna keep trying for a bit and maybe I find out.
Thanks a lot for the help anyway and hope you have a great day :smile:

Sephirot

2 Jun 2015
Ah, I see. Gonna keep searching for a way though.

Read that when I was searching and it's not the same thing I'm looking for. I am looking to generate the sessionid using the ID + PW while that guy is looking to get the sessionid using the login form.
Im pretty sure, no one knows how the sessionid is generated because it will be a backend feature. But why does the stackoverflow post not help you? I mean, its describe a method to get the sessionid and you want this.

palonE

15 Aug 2017
Im pretty sure, no one knows how the sessionid is generated because it will be a backend feature. But why does the stackoverflow post not help you? I mean, its describe a method to get the sessionid and you want this.
The standard way of generating a sessionID is random, and ensuring its completely unique.

Edit: Well it's a mix between IP, current time and some pseudo RNG (because REAL Randomness is actually not easy)

Highest

29 Jan 2019
You get a sessionID from the server. This is nothing Instagram specific, it's a very standard way to deal with logins.
Ah, I understand.

The stackoverflow post uses the normal login endpoint and gets the cookies while I wanted to create them myself using the ID + PW and some other things.